This information will be updated for the 2017 tax season. For related questions you may contact the Tax department at (513) 531-5155 or by email at email@example.com.
Income Tax Filing Requirement
Golf Manor ordinance requires all Golf Manor residents (including those retired), landlords and business owners to file an income tax return each year, on or before April 15th, whether or not tax is due.
Retired Golf Manor residents (and spouses) are not required to file a tax return provided they have registered with the Village Tax Department as “retired” and have not earned any additional taxable income during the year.
New residents and businesses are required to register with the Golf Manor Tax Department upon moving into the Village, indicating the specific date of residency.
Property owners of rental property within the corporate limits of the Village are required to submit to the Tax Commissioner a Landlord/Tenant Report detailing the names, addresses, telephone numbers and place of employment (if available) for each tenant (Section 729.01) living in rental property of any kind on or before July 31 of each year and December 31 of each year.
A 1.7% tax is due on all taxable income including gross salaries, wages, tips, unemployment compensation or other compensation earned for work or services performed within the Village. This same tax is assessed on the net profits of businesses operating within the Village.
The Village allows residents a credit up to 1.7% for the amount of taxes that have been paid to another municipality. To receive credit for tax paid to other municipalities, proof of payment (i.e. a W-2 form) must be provided with your tax return.
Tax Return & Payment Schedule
- On or before April 15th: File Declaration with 1/4 payment.
- On or before June 15th: Make 2nd quarterly payment.
- On or before September 15th: Make 3rd quarterly payment.
- On or before January 15th: Make 4th quarterly payment.
- On or before April 15th: File return. Pay quarterly payment.
How to File & Assistance
The Village of Golf Manor does not mail tax forms to residents. Resident and business tax forms, as well as landlord/tenant registration forms, are available at the Golf Manor Tax Department and on this website.
Completed tax returns and attached required documentation may be mailed by postal mail or submitted in person to the Golf Manor Tax Department at 6450 Wiehe Road, Golf Manor, OH 45237.
Along with your tax return form, Golf manor requires the following documentation:
- The front page of your Federal 1040
- All W-2’s, 1099’s, Federal Schedule C and/or Federal Schedule E forms
The above items are due at the time of filing and must accompany your return with any payment due to be considered “complete.” Incomplete returns will not be accepted.
Registration forms can be submitted in person, postal mail or by email.
- A request for an extension must be filed with the Tax Department on or before 9 am April 16 along with an 80% estimated payment of tax. An IRS extension does not create an automatic extension with the Village.
- If a tax return or extension request is not filed by the due date, there will be a minimum penalty charge of $75.00 (even if no taxes are due). There is also a penalty of $75.00 plus interest for untimely payment.
- Confirmations will be mailed back only if a pre-addressed, self-stamped envelope is included with the filed return.
- Business losses cannot be deducted from W-2 or 1099 income.
- Declaration of estimated income tax is required for taxpayers that have had a tax liability in prior years.
Please feel free to contact the Village Tax Department if you have any questions or need assistance. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm and is available to help you complete any Village forms.The Village Tax Department is located in the Municipal Building at 6450 Wiehe Road, Golf Manor. Questions may be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 513-531-5155.
Real Estate & Personal Property Tax
Questions regarding real estate and personal property tax should be directed to the Hamilton County Treasurer at the Hamilton County Court House at 513-946-4000.