The Village of Golf Manor honors residents and businesses by recognizing special occasions, accomplishments or achievements. From time to time the Mayor will issue proclamations for some of the following siuations:
- Special honors for an individual, organization or business
- Public awareness
- Charitable fundraising campaigns
- Arts and cultural celebrations
Requesing A Proclamation
Village residents and business owners may request the Mayor to issue a proclamation. Proclamation requests may be submitted according to our guidelines listed here. If your situation meets the criteria, you may submit the following:
- Use this MS Word proclamation template (click here) to insert your desired wording highlighting the special occasion or accomplishment that you would like to have recognized. (View the proclamations archive below to get an example of the language you might use.)
- Be concise as proclamations must fit on one page. Suggested text will be edited.
- Email the completed sample proclamation to: email@example.com with specifics listed in the guidelines and specify if you would like the Mayor to present the document and location.
What To Expect
- Your suggested wording will be used and edited to prepare the proclamation.
- Please allow up to 10 business days for consideration and processing of your proclamation request.
- You will be able to pick up the finished proclamation at the Golf Manor Municipal Building. Arrangements can be made for the Mayor or designee to present the proclamation.
- If your request doesn’t meet the guidelines or we are unable to provide a proclamation, the Mayor can provide a congratulatory letter as an alternative.
The Mayor’s office reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation, as well as the right to make exceptions to the guideline procedures.
View proclamations from previous years here: